Help:Nucleonica for Smartphones
Nucleonica can be used on smartphones and mobile devices. In the following sections we describe how the Nucleonica website can be setup and used on a variety of smartphones such as the Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, etc. In this section we demonstrate the use of the Nucleonica portal with particular reference to the Apple iPhone. Later, in section 8, the procedure is described for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with Android operating system.
Setting up Nucleonica on the iPhone
Instructions to create a Nucleonica Iphone Icon:
1. Open the Nucleonica main webpage (www.nucleonica.com) in the iPhone Safari browser.
2. Click the usage button below the Safari browser which is located in the middle, directly above the iPhone Home button.
3. Click "add to homescreen".
An Icon will be created which, when clicked, will display the last page accessed on the Nucleonica website.
Starting Nucleonica on the iPhone
Clicking on the Nucleonica icon leads directly to the Nucleonica homepage www.nucleonica.com as shown in the figure below.
Browsing the main Nucleonica pages
The user can login to Nucleonica through the mobile login page to reach the nuclear science applications. Shown below are the main pages for the Mass Activity Calculator and the Datasheets. It is not necessary to enter the username and password each time you login. This login information can be save on the iPhone. See How to save the login details.
More applications...Dosimetry & Shielding and the Nuclide Explorer
How do I make a screenshot
It is sometime very useful to make a screenshot of a particular page, application, result, etc. and to send this by email to a colleague.
To make a screenshot, press the Home (square button on front) and sleep button (button on the top right of the phone) at the same time. A screen flash should appear. You can find the screenshot in the camera roll.
Before a screenshot can be sent by email, it has first to be selected. For selection go to the home page and press the Photos icon. There a list of recent photos can be seen.
How to save login details
From the iPhone home page, select Settings, Safari, General, Automatic fill in name and password.
Setting up Nucleonica on an Android Phone
In this section we describe how to set up an Nucleonica icon on Android phones. Particular reference is made to the Samsung Galaxy S I9000.
Instructions to create a Nucleonica Android Icon:
1. Open the Nucleonica webpage (www.nucleonica.com) in the Android internet browser.
2. Click the menu button (usually bottom left of display). Click ‘More’ and then ‘Add bookmark’.
3. Return to your ‘Home Screen’ and press on an empty space for 3-4 seconds until a menu appears – press on ‘Shortcuts’ – then on ‘Bookmark’ and then select the nucleonica website from your Bookmarks.
An Icon will be created which, when clicked, will display the Nucleonica website.
How to add Nucleonica login to your smartphone/tablet homescreen
Launch the mobile browser and open the website or web page you want to pin to your home screen.
Use https://nucleonica.com/?login to pin the login page for fast access. (If you do not see the login page, clear the cache using Ctrl+F5).
Use https://nucleonica.com/blog to pin the blog page, etc.
Tap the menu button and tap Add to homescreen. You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen. More information
On the homescreen shown above, four Nucleonica pages have been added:
1. Nucleonica Login (click on this icon to get to the login page. Click again to enter the portal, assuming username and password have been saved).
2. NucleonicaBlog (click here to go directly to the latest information on the blog)
3. Nucleonica Faqs (Click here to go directly to the Frequently Asked Questions)
4. Nucleonica Wiki (Click here to go directly to the Nucleonica wiki)