Nucleonica’s Universal Nuclide Chart (UNC) has been rewritten as a standard Nucleonica application to replace the Java applet version. In addition to providing a nuclide chart viewer, radioactive decay chains and neutron reaction paths can be simulated using the latest internationally evaluated nuclear data. The new application, Universal Nuclide Chart, UNC++, has the following new and updated features:
– the UNC++ application is no longer a Java applet and it is therefore not necessary to install the Java runtime environment.
– the application runs directly is most modern browsers, in particular Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari etc.
Universal Nuclide Chart showing a simulation of the radioactive decay of U-238.
– the nuclide box structure showing ground and metastable states is now similar to that used in the Nuclide Explorer++ and the Karlsruhe Nuclide Chart Online, KNCO++.
– nuclear data from different international datafiles can be selected. Currently JEF2.2, JEFF3.1 and ENDF/B-VII.1 are available.
– more detailed nuclear data is given for each nuclide consisting of: cross section data and branching ratios for decay, capture, and fission; most important gammas and X-rays and emission probabilities; decay modes, daughter products and branching ratios; independent, cumulative and mass chain thermal fission yields for the fission parents U235 and Pu239.
Universal Nuclide Chart, UNC++ wiki page